Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in Baltimore Handle Your Case With Steadfast Persistence
Have You Been Injured On The Job?
Being hurt on the job can permanently alter your life. High medical bills and uncertainty about your future income can weigh heavily on victims and their families. Even more frustrating are employers or insurers who refuse to fairly compensate you after a work injury. The attorneys at Mallon & McCool, LLC can help. We know the law and when you are being taken advantage of by companies or insurers. Our lawyers strive to obtain your rightful workers’ compensation.
Do I Have a Workers’ Compensation Case?
Workers’ compensation insurance is a state-mandated program that protects employees who are hurt on the job. The system provides compensation and medical benefits to employees who have suffered work-related accidents or developed occupational illnesses.
In Maryland, you can recover workers’ compensation benefits if you are injured. You are also entitled to workers’ compensation if you have an illness due to your work environment. An occupational illness is a disease, condition or disorder resulting from the conditions of a job.
To have a valid workers’ compensation claim in Maryland, you must prove that a genuine employer-employee relationship existed. Some businesses are set up in such a way that workers are independent contractors. Independent contractors are sometimes entitled to workers’ compensation. Workers must also prove that the injury occurred in the course of their employment.
At Mallon & McCool, LLC, our workers’ compensation attorneys determine if you have a valid workers’ compensation claim. If you have been injured on the job or if your workers’ compensation claim has been denied, give us a call right away. We thoroughly examine our clients’ cases and ensure they are rightfully paid.
What Type Of Benefits Can I Recover Under Workers’ Compensation?
The Maryland Workers’ Compensation Act provides for many types of benefits for covered employees, depending on the circumstances. Types of benefits include:
- Disability benefits – This compensation covers employees who are disabled. The extent of coverage varies according to the employee’s disability level. Disability benefits can be partial or full, temporary or permanent.
- Medical/Hospitalization benefits – This covers necessary medical care and treatments related to a work injury or illness such as surgery, medicine or medical equipment.
- Wage Reimbursement – This requires the employer or its insurer to reimburse the employee for lost wages due to time spent being examined by a physician at the request of the employer or traveling to worker’s compensation claim hearings.
- Vocational Rehabilitation – This covers vocational rehabilitation services related to the employee’s injury.
- Death and funeral benefits for family members – This pays for death expenses associated with the loss of a loved one due to a work injury.
Being hurt on the job can result in significant medical expenses and income loss. The workers’ compensation team at Mallon & McCool, LLC know the frustration employees feel when their workers’ compensation claim is wrongfully rejected. We listen to your concerns and aggressively advocate your claim. Don’t wait any longer and risk getting lost in the red tape, contact us today.
Workers’ Compensation Attorneys Ensure You Get The Compensation You Deserve.
If you are hurt or develop an illness because of your job, you are entitled to workers’ compensation benefits. Mallon & McCool, LLC regularly represents victims who are injured on the job and are significantly injured, including those who can no longer work. We make sure your voice is heard loud and clear and that your claim is properly compensated. Call us today for a free consultation, toll free at (800) 918-8872, or Contact Us..