Maryland Plastic Surgery Malpractice Lawyers Assist Patients Harmed or Scarred by Negligence
What to do when cosmetic surgery goes wrong
Plastic surgery isn’t just about changing your physical appearance. It’s a way to improve your self-image and increase your confidence. If a medical error compromises your procedure, however, it can leave you with a physical handicap and in severe psychological distress. The attorneys at Mallon LLC can help you in this difficult time and will hold your doctors financially accountable.
What qualifies as plastic surgery malpractice?
Cosmetic procedures are often, but not always, elective. So you may assume that these surgeries have a high success rate, with few errors, or else people wouldn’t volunteer to have work done. Plastic surgeons actually pay more than the average doctor for malpractice insurance, an indicator that accidents do happen. Those accidents can include:
- Excessive scarring. Cosmetic procedures are designed to minimize any evidence that the procedure has been done, but a miscalculation or imprecise work on the doctors part could leave you with visible or painful scars
- Nerve damage. While plastic surgery is typically limited to the skin and fat cells beneath, mistakes can do permanent damage to the nerves at the surface, particularly in your face
- Anesthesia errors. Your anesthesiologist needs to carefully measure your dosage of anesthetic throughout your procedure, or else you could wake up on the operating table or suffer brain damage from an overdose
- Incorrect medications. After your surgery, your doctor will prescribe you medicine to help prevent infection and manage pain, but if they don’t make the right prescription, you can be put in danger or made to suffer unnecessarily
- Wrongful death: In the worst case, a surgery gone wrong can put the body through severe trauma, even resulting in the death of a patient
When you ask a doctor to perform plastic surgery, you count on them to do the best possible job. Cosmetic surgeons are trained to determine if anything could go wrong during your procedure and find ways to prevent problems before they happen. If they overlook an important detail or make a mistake during surgery, leading to further cosmetic issues, or causing you physical injury, you are entitled to be paid damages for your hardship.
Our Baltimore plastic surgery malpractice law firm fights for every patient’s right to compensation, so call us today
If you’re the victim of a botched cosmetic surgery procedure and can’t get answers, let the attorneys at Mallon LLC, help you determine the cause and what could have been done to prevent your suffering. You can reach us toll free at (800) 918-8872 or contact us online. We serve various counties throughout Maryland including Baltimore, Baltimore County, Howard County, Carroll County, Anne Arundel, Prince George’s County and Harford County.