Distracted Driving Lawyers Hold Careless Drivers Responsible in Baltimore and Surrounding Areas
Our Firm Offers You Experienced Accident Attorneys Who Determine The Cause Of Your Crash And Pursue Justice
With the popularity of mobile devices, cell phone-involved distracted driving has become a leading cause of serious and fatal vehicle accidents. Drivers frequently fail to heed the dangers of using a mobile device while driving. Their reckless behavior can result in tragic consequences for innocent drivers and passengers. At Mallon LLC, our accident attorneys understand the devastating effect distracted driving accidents can have on your life. We work with victims to reconstruct their crash and study contributing factors to uncover and prove negligence. Our knowledgeable distracted driving lawyers in Baltimore act as compassionate legal partners and aggressive allies when you need it most.
What Causes Cell Phone Distracted Driving?
In recent years, there has been a disturbing rise in cell-phone related vehicle crashes. In 2010, nearly 25,000 Americans were injured in vehicle crashes that involved cell phone use. Young people are a primary population involved in cell phone-use accidents. For drivers under 20 involved in fatal crashes in 2010, 19 percent were distracted by cell phones. Primary causes of cell phone related distracted driving accidents are:
- Dialing a number on a cell phone
- Speaking on a cell phone
- Reading a text message
- Reaching to pick up a ringing cell phone
- Attempting to view a cell phone picture
- Attempting to view a cell phone video
The prevalence of cell phone use and driving has led to many states barring the use of cell phones while driving. Maryland has legally banned calling and texting while driving. A new Maryland law imposes a fine of up to $175 for using a cell phone while driving.
Cell phone use is one of many causes of distracted driving. A report by the National Highway Traffic Safety Association found that nearly 20 percent of injury accidents in 2010 were associated with distracted drivers. Inattentive drivers were the cause of almost 10 percent of fatal accidents that year. Other types of distracted driving conduct include:
- Talking to passengers
- Turning toward the backseat
- Diverting attention from the road to observe an accident
- Applying makeup
- Reaching for a fallen item
- Using a GPS
- Viewing a printed map or other document
- Attempting to locate an object in the vehicle
- Tending to children
The law firm of Mallon LLC, knows how easy it is for cell phones and distracted behavior to become the catalyst in injury accidents. We see far too many instances in which a split-second text or phone call results in a serious crash. Our goal is to help victims of these crashes recover from the responsible driver or insurance company. Our tough accident injury attorneys regularly stand up to distracted drivers and get you the compensation you deserve.
What Types Of Accidents Result From Distracted Driving?
Distracted driving/cell-phone use involved crashes happen when drivers are not paying attention to the road and their surroundings. Frequent types of distracted driving/cell-phone use accidents include:
- Collisions that occur when distracted drivers back into another car in a parking lot
- Distracted drivers who run red lights or fail to stop at traffic lights in time
- Inattentive drivers who make left-hand turns without checking for passing vehicles
- T-bone accidents stemming from failure to observe right-of-way
- Head-on collisions when distracted drivers drift into oncoming traffic
- Pedestrian accidents when drivers fail to observe crosswalks or pedestrian lights
- Construction zone crashes when distracted drivers drive into workers or slowed cars
- Motorcycle-car accidents due to drivers’ failure to see and observe motorcyclists
- Rollover crashes when distracted drivers lose control of their vehicle
Whether intentional or not, distracted driving and cell phone use can cause detrimental injuries to motorists. Harm from inattentive driving accidents can result in broken bones, blood loss, head trauma, paralysis and death.
If you have been injured by a distracted driver, contact the law firm of Mallon LLC as soon as possible. We are strong advocates for victims of distracted driving crashes. We know the law, and we hold careless motorists accountable. Our long record of success winning high dollar awards for our clients speaks for itself. Contact us today for a free consultation and case review.
Our Distracted Driving Attorneys Get You Maximum Results
Drivers’ reaching for a cell phone or texting can lead to tragic consequences for innocent passing motorists and their families. At Mallon LLC, our proficient legal team thoroughly investigates distracted driving crashes and gets to the bottom of what led to your injury. We focus on securing your rightful compensation so that you can concentrate on your medical recovery. For you convenience, we provide 24-hour phone service. Contact our Baltimore office at (410) 727-7887, toll free at (800) 918-8872, or contact us online.