Experienced Baltimore Car Accident Attorneys Strategically Advocate for Victims Injured in Auto Accidents
You have a right to feel safe on the road
We take our cars for granted, but there are nearly 100,000 car accidents on average each year in the state of Maryland. While cars offer safety features to help protect drivers and passengers, injuries still happen and the driver who is responsible is accountable for any losses you suffer. If you are looking for a Baltimore car accident attorney, the injury attorneys at Mallon LLC work hard to secure damages for you in the aftermath of a car crash.
The most frequent car accident injuries
Car accidents put extreme forces on the body. Imagine you were sitting inside a metal box and that box began to move 20, 40, 60 miles per hour or more. Then it came to a halt. Worse, it collided with another box or some other obstacle and crumpled in on itself, and on you. That’s what happens in a car accident, and it leads to injuries like:
- Head and brain trauma — Concussions, skull fractures and subdural hematomas (blood pooling around the brain) are all risks when your head is bounced around inside a car during an accident. These can affect your personality, your ability to think, and even put your life in danger. The most common and serious injuries that occur in Baltimore car accidents are to the head and/or brain. Traumatic brain injury (TBI) is serious, often leading to permanent disability or death.
- Neck injuries — As your head moves, the neck follows, sometimes farther than it should. Bending your neck too far in any direction can cause muscle strain or even spinal cord or disc injuries. The violent impact of a car crash can wreak havoc on your neck, causing long-term injury and pain.
- Face injuries — Airbags, steering wheels, dashboard and shattering glass can assault your face during an accident, causing cosmetic injuries, dislocating your jaw and possibly blinding you. If you have been disfigured in a Baltimore car accident due to someone else’s negligence, our attorneys can help you recover the compensation you deserve.
- Back injuries — Injuries to your upper or lower spine, including fractures, slipped discs and sprains, can leave you in chronic pain or with limited mobility in one or more limbs, possibly permanently. Back injuries sustained in an auto accident can be serious and rob victims of their ability to work and earn money to care for themselves and their family. Our Baltimore car accident lawyers understand your hardship and fight for your just compensation.
Not all car accident injuries take effect immediately
While broken bones and lacerations do their damage at the moment of the crash, some of the most common car accident injuries, including whiplash, or hyperextension of the neck, can take days or weeks to present symptoms. In addition, these sorts of injuries may not show up with neck pain, but instead with shoulder, back or even jaw pain or limited mobility.
Likewise, back injuries and head trauma may not present with immediate symptoms, but can have severely debilitating effects in the days following a car accident. It’s important to always remember that these and any other symptoms could be related to your accident, in which case you are eligible for compensation.
Non-injury-related car accident damages
Not all damages in a car crash happen to your person. There are many other parts of your life that can be affected, including:
- Damage to your vehicle — Car accidents can cause tremendous damage to the inside and outside of your vehicle, and can render it inoperable
- Loss of income — You may not be able to attend your job, whether due to personal injuries or vehicle damage, leaving you without a paycheck
- Psychological trauma — Surviving a car accident can have a dramatic effect on how you drive in the future or whether you drive at all, and chronic pain or injuries can leave you depressed, frustrated or angry, affecting your day-to-day life
Our Baltimore car accident lawyers help you recover financially after an auto accident
If you or a loved one was injured by the actions of another driver, the car accident attorneys at Mallon LLC, fight for damages for your pain and suffering. Reach us toll free at (800) 918-8872 or contact us online . We serve various counties throughout Maryland including Baltimore, Baltimore County, Howard County, Carroll County, Anne Arundel County, Prince George’s County and Harford County. Our firm does not receive any fees unless we recover compensation for you. Call today.
Our Accident Attorneys Offer Strong Legal Representation To Accident Victims Throughout The Baltimore Metropolitan Area, Baltimore County, Prince George’s County, Washington D.C., Howard County, Harford County, Anne Arundel County, Carroll County, And All Surrounding Areas
If you were involved in a car accident and anticipate filing a legal claim, time is of the essence to consult an experienced lawyer. Our talented team of attorneys at Mallon LLC immediately begin working with clients and gathering the necessary information to represent your case. Call us today for a free consultation at (800) 918-8872 or contact us online. You can contact us anytime, day or night. We want to help.