Experienced Baltimore Car Accident Attorneys Aggressively Represent Injured Victims throughout Maryland
Trust our lawyers to protect your rights and your best interests during the search for compensation
Baltimore-area roadways play host to a large number of car accidents each year. While many of these accidents are minor fender benders, others are serious crashes that lead to life-altering injuries to the drivers and passengers involved. While these injuries are certainly unfortunate, possibly more unfortunate are the number of serious accidents that could have been avoided.
If you or a loved one have suffered injuries in a car accident that was caused by another party, it is important to seek compensation for your losses. At Mallon LLC, our Baltimore car accident lawyers provide experienced legal representation to victims seeking compensation for the losses resulting from any number of injuries.
Understanding the Causes of Car Accidents May Help to Avoid a Tragedy
An examination of statistics related to car accidents in Baltimore and throughout Maryland yields interesting data regarding the causes of crashes. Many accidents are caused by one or more factors, including:
- Alcohol and drugs: Impaired drivers cause an unfortunate number of car accidents each year. When a driver gets behind the wheel without their full faculties, the potential for a serious crash is high. Slow reflexes, confusion and reduced vision are all issues that lead to crashes involving impaired drivers.
- Driver negligence: We’ve all seen the startling statistics related to accidents caused by drivers using cell phones and simply being negligent behind the wheel. These statistics are even more unfortunate because any number of accidents involving distracted drivers could be avoided. Driver negligence includes texting while driving, reckless driving, distracted driving and many more issues.
- Speed: Excessive speed plays a role in a large number of accidents each year. Drivers who exceed speed limits, even by five miles an hour, are less likely to be able to brake or make evasive maneuvers in time to avoid an accident.
- Equipment failure: The proper maintenance of a vehicle is vital to the safety of the driver and those around them. Without proper maintenance, the likelihood of equipment failure greatly increases. Accidents caused by equipment failure involve a number of factors, including faulty brakes, bald or blown tires and control issues caused by steering or suspension failure.
- Roadway design: While not as common a factor in accidents, roadway design issues may play a role in a crash. Blind intersections, poor lighting, inadequate signage and road surface issues may play a role in accidents.
- Poor roadway maintenance: Poorly maintained road surfaces may lead to car accidents. Potholes, debris, slippery conditions and roadway construction play a role in many accidents throughout the year, especially in the winter months.
Regardless of the factors leading to an accident, victims have the right to pursue compensation for their losses if another party’s negligence played a role in the crash.
Contact us to Discuss Your Rights with an Experienced Baltimore Car Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one has been injured, the last thing you want to worry about is your financial situation. As a victim, you have the right to pursue compensation for your losses. Retaining experienced legal representation greatly improves your chances of obtaining compensation, and minimizes the stress and worry you feel while focused on recovery. Our Baltimore car accident attorneys leverage more than 60 years of combined experience to help you pursue justice for your losses. To schedule a free consultation to discuss your case, call our Baltimore personal injury law firm at (410) 727-7887, toll free at (800) 918-8872 or contact us online today.