Maryland Toxic Tort Lawyers Represent Injured Victims
Any chemical exposure can have lifelong consequences
Many of the chronic conditions suffered by millions of Americans nationwide can be tied back to a chemical source, be it occupational, domestic or pharmaceutical. Lost income, medical costs and mental anguish are just a few of the ways that a chronic illness can affect your life. The attorneys at Mallon LLC, can help track the cause of your ailment and hold those responsible financially accountable.
What are common chemicals and diseases in toxic tort cases?
We’re becoming increasingly reliant on chemicals in our industry, technology and everyday lives. As a result, cases of chemical exposure are more common, and people are suffering from adverse effects and chronic health conditions. Some sources of chemical affliction are more common than others, including:
- Asbestos: Used for fireproofing in older buildings
- Mercury: Commonly found in medical equipment and thermometers
- Pesticides: Comes in many varieties, used in commercial and residential landscaping
- Dioxins: Compounds created as industrial by-products
These chemicals can cause hormone imbalances, errors in bodily functions and a variety of types of cancer. Toxic tort cases frequently involve patients suffering from aplastic anemia, Hodgkins disease, lymphoma, mesothelioma and sarcoidosis.
Common types of toxic tort
Because chemicals are found all around us, it can be difficult to pinpoint the exact cause of your persistent health conditions. An experienced attorney, however, will work with you and your doctors to trace back the cause of your symptoms and determine if you were affected on the job, at home, or from some other source. Depending on the origin, there may be different people responsible for your suffering.
- Occupational: Toxic tort cases differ from workers’ compensation claims because the claim is not against the employer, but rather against the parties responsible for manufacturing or distributing the chemicals in question
- Pharmaceutical: These cases are typically class-action suits against drug manufacturers or prescribing physicians
- Domestic: Chemical exposure in the home is commonly tied to mold contamination, improperly treated construction materials and pesticides
- Environmental: Toxins in the air or in local drinking water can be the result of improper emissions controls or disposal practices by industrial facilities or other organizations
Our Baltimore toxic tort law firm fights for every patient’s right to compensation
If you’re suffering long-term, adverse effects from chemical exposure, let the attorneys at Mallon LLC, represent your interests and help you secure compensation. You can reach us toll free at (800) 918-8872 or contact us online. We serve various cities and counties throughout Maryland including Baltimore, Baltimore county, Howard County, Carroll County, Anne Arundel, Prince George’s County and Harford County. Representing injured victims for more than 60 years.